Sangria is a typical Spanish drink made with wine, fruits and some sweetener. This version is made with black tea and fruits, a zesty summer drink. Here you all can have a spanish punch.
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 black tea bags (or 2 teaspoons loose-leaf tea in an infuser)
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 cups pomegranate juice
- 1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 orange, sliced into thin rounds
- 1 lemon, sliced into thin rounds
- 1 lime, sliced into thin rounds
- 1 apple, cored and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 3 cups carbonated water
Pour boiling water over tea bags and cinnamon sticks and steep for 5 minutes. Discard tea bags and stir in sugar to dissolve.
In a large jar or pitcher, combine tea, cinnamon sticks, pomegranate juice, orange juice, orange, lemon, lime, and apple. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour and preferably overnight.
Just before serving, stir in carbonated water. Serve in glasses over ice.