Here is Thai style sweet and spicy Pineapple fried rice. This is quick and healthy meal.
- Pineapple 1medium size, fresh one chopped
- Egg 2 nos, beaten with a dash of salt
- Red Bell Pepper 1 large, diced
- Onion 1 medium size, chopped
- Spring Onion 1 bunch, thinly sliced
- Garlic 3 nos, finely chopped
- Cashew Nuts 1/2 cup, unsalted
- Brown Rice 2 cups, cooked
- Soy sauce 1 tbsp
- Chilli Garlic Sauce 2 tsp
- Lime halved
- Coriander leaves , 1 tbsp, chopped
- Coconut Oil / Vegetable Oil
Heat a large skillet or Kadai over medium high heat and add 1 tsp of oil . Pour the eggs and cook, stirring occasionally until the eggs are scrambled and lightly set. Transfer the eggs to the plate or bowl.
Wipe out the pan using paper towel and add one tbsp of oil to the pan and add the chopped garlic and saute for few seconds, add the chopped onion and saute for 2 to 3 minutes. Now add the chopped pineapple and red bell pepper saute well, until the liquid has evaporated and the pineapple is caramelized. Remove this to a bowl or plate. Add 2 tsp of oil to the pan and put cashew nuts and roast it nicely. Add the cooked rice to the pan and stir to combine . Cook stirring occasionally, until the rice is hot about 3 to 5 minutes.
Pour the pineapple mix into the pan and stir to combine. Once the contents are warmed through , remove the pan from the heat. Add soya sauce , chilli garlic sauce and lemon juice over the dish and stir well to combine. Check salt if need add accordingly.Sprinkle chopped coriander leaves and serve immediately.
NB: Here i used natural brown rice, if you don't have that, use normal thai white rice or basmati. Here i used typical thai style so you may not like the brown rice. You can use white rice etc..