Fried Egg Molly, normally we make little spicy fish molly. Tried fried egg molly. Its simple and flavourful gravy with coconut milk. Generally we make egg stew with boiled eggs, its just a twist from that. Good to serve with our traditional kerala breakfasts like puttu, appam and idiappam. So here is recipe for you all to try.
- Egg 2 nos
- Onion 1 small size, finely chopped
- Curry Leaves 1 sprig, finely chopped
- Green Chili 2 nos, finley chopped
- Pepper Powder a pinch
For the gravy
- Coconut Oil 2 to 3 tbsp
- Fenugreek Seeds/ Methi Seeds 1/4 tsp
- Ginger 1 medium piece, finely chopped
- Garlic 5 nos, finely chopped
- Green Chili 3 nos, slitted
- Curry Leaves 2 sprigs
- Onion 2 big size, finely chopped
- Tomato 1 medium size, chopped
- Turmeric Powder 1/2 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder 1/4 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder a pinch
- Black Pepper Powder a pinch
- Coconut Milk 1 cup, thin one
- Coconut Milk 1 cup, thick one
Take a small pan and add 1 tsp oil and heat on medium flame. Once the oil is hot break and add 1 egg, please take care not to break the yellow. Sprinkle chopped onion, green chili, curry leaves, pepper and salt. Just turn the egg for a second and keep it aside in a plate. In the same way prepare the remaining 1 egg too.
Take a medium size sauce pan and heat 2 tbsp of oil. Once the oil is hot add fenugreek seeds and saute for fe seconds, once its leave the aroma add chopped curry leaves, ginger, garlic and green chilli saute for few seconds until the raw smell goes away. Now add chopped onion and saute until it became translucent. Now add turmeric powder, chili powder, garam masala powder and black pepper powder saute for few seconds. Now add chopped tomatoes and saute for few seconds. Now add thin coconut milk cover and cook for 2 to 4 minutes. Please keep the flame on medium low. Open and add thick coconut milk and mix well. Keep stirring for few seconds. Add salt now and combine everything well. While serving please keep the fried egg on top of the gravy and serve. Best to serve with puttu, appam or chapathi. Enjoy cooking..