Burgers are one of the most popular fast food. Burgers are typically associated with chicken or beef, but fish burgers are equally tasty and delicious.
- Fish fillets 300 gm, boneless ( cod / salmon or any other fish of choice)
- Red chilli / green chilli 2 small, finely chopped.
- Capsicum 1/4 cup, finely chopped
- Parsley 1/4 cup, finely chopped
- Lemon juice 1 tsp
- Egg 1
- Black pepper powder 1 1/4 tsp
- Butter as required
- Spring Onions 2 tbsp, finely chopped.
- Burger buns halved and toasted
- Lettuce shredded
- Tomatoes sliced
- Onions sliced
- Dijon mustard
Finely chop the fish fillets and transfer to a bowl. Add the red chillies/ green chillies, spring onions, capsicum, lemon juice salt, pepper powder and parsley.
Break the egg into the bowl and mix well.
Using wet hands, shape the mixture into burger patties.
Heat butter in a pan over medium flame. Fry the prepared patties on both sides until golden and slightly browned. Do not cook them for long or they will become dry.
Apply mayonnaise and musturd on the buns. Place some lettuce leaves on one half of the bun. Place one of the cooked patty on top.
Top up with sliced tomatoes and onions, cover with the other half and serve.