A simple vegetable stew cooked with the goodness and flavor of coconut milk.
- Cardamom 3nos
- Cloves 3 nos
- Cinnamon stick 1” piece
- Ginger (finely chopped) 1/2 tsp
- Garlic (finely chopped) 1/2 tsp
- Green chillies(slit) 3 nos
- Onion Medium (sliced) 2 nos
- Curry Leaves 2 sprigs
- Carrot Medium (cubed) 1
- French Beans (cut into 1” pieces) 5-6nos
- Green Peas frozen or fresh(if fresh cook separately in cooker and add) 1/2 cup
- Potato Medium (cubed) 2nos
- Turmeric Powder pinch
- Coriander Powder 1/4 tsp
- Garam Masala 1/4 tsp
- Black Pepper Powder 1/4 tsp
- Thin coconut milk 1/2 cup
- Thick coconut milk 3/4 cup
- Ghee 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
Heat oil in a sauce pan, add cardamom, cloves, cinnamon saute until fragrant.
Add ginger ,garlic,green chillies, onion and curry leaves. saute until onion turns translucent.
Add turmeric powder, coriander powder, half of garam masala and half of black peeper powder saute for a minute then add carrot,beans,potato and green peas.
Add thin coconut milk . Add salt to taste and mix well. cover and cook until done.
Remove the lid , add thick coconut milk and remainning garam masala and black pepper powder and cook for few more minutes. Heat ghee in a pan , add curry leaves and saute for few seconds . Add this to the vegetable stew and stir gently.
Serve hot with Appam / Idiyappam / Roti.