- 4 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Onions ,Finely Chopped
- 1/2 kg Pumpkin , peeled , deseeded and chopped into chunks
- 1 carrot peeled and chopped into chunks
- 1 Pottato peeled and chopped into chunks
- 3 cloves Garlic crushed
- 1 tbsp black pepper powder
- 800 ml vegetable stock or chicken stock
- 130 ml double cream
- Spring Onion for garnishing.
- 4 slices wholemeal bread or toast.
Heat 3 tbsp olive oil in a large saucepan , then gently cook 2 chopped onion, crushed garlic for 5 minutes, until soft but not coloured. Add chopped pumpkin, carrot and potato to the pan, then saute and cook for 8 to 10 minutes stirring occasionally until it starts to soften and turn golden.
Pour 800 ml vegetable stock/chicken stock into the pan, then season with salt and pepper. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 10 minutes until the vegetables very soft. Pour the double cream into the pan bring back to boil, then puree with a hand blender.
Garnish with spring onion. Serve soup warm with wholemeal bread or toast.